We regulary publish health articles, videos and you can catch-up on the latest BeActive news.
Rugby Hurts: How to Prevent Injuries Becoming a Long-Term Problem
As we head into the rugby season and Rugby World Cup In Japan, we’ve put together some resources on the topic of rugby injuries.
Did you know?
- The hooker (No.2) is the most injured player on the field, accounting for 26% of all injuries
- The No. 1 shirt suffers more shoulder injuries than any other players
- The No. 3 shirt ranks highest in the ankle injury charts
- The No. 10 shirt suffers the most concussions
Swimming is one of the most popular sports in the world.
We swim in the sea, pools, lakes, streams, rivers and even ponds. And given 70% of the Earth’s surface is water, we’re not short of opportunities.
While swimming is considered a ‘low-impact’ sport due to the fact that the water supports a large percentage of our weight, more than 84% of regular swimmers suffer from some type of overuse type injury caused by swimming.
Tennis is one of the most popular sports throughout the world, with approximately 75 million participants worldwide. It is a sport that you can play at every age and at every level.
Musculoskeletal pain affects the bones, muscles, ligaments, tendons and nerves. Anyone can experience musculoskeletal pain. It is most often caused by an awkward movement, car accidents, falls, sprains, strains, fractures, dislocations etc. So, how can regular physical activity reduce your pain and improve your quality of life? Download the following leaflet to read more.
We have an easy to use online booking system for you to make your appointment
Find the topics
that interest you
- “Pain in the Backside” Piriformis Syndrome
- Don't Get into Deep Water with Swimming Injuries
- Don't Let Yourself Be Sidelined by Tennis Injuries
- Golf: The Most Dangerous Sport?
- How regular physical activity can help reduce musculoskeletal pain
- Joint Hypermobility Syndrome
- Knee Pain - ACL Injuries
- Knee Pain in Adolescents
- Lower Back Pain: Lumbar intervertebral disc prolapse / herniation
- Morning Heel Pain?
- Rugby Hurts: How to Prevent Injuries Becoming a Long-Term Problem
- Shoulder Mobility and The Rotator Cuff, the effects of over’ and under-use
- Spondylosis and Spondyloarthrosis
- The Effects of Massage and Soft Tissue Therapy
- You Don't Have To Play Golf To Get Golfers Elbow